Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"light bulb" moment.

In the beginning of December, it was time to get the Christmas decorations down from the attic. We set up the ladder and began bringing down boxes. Right then, I had a "moment." (I guess it was kind of like a "light bulb moment" because we were bringing down light bulbs.... hee hee)

But just the same, it was special. I saw my four children with there big eyes staring up at me with such excitement and hope as each box came down. I paused and looked at them for as long as I could, (until they got frustrated and told me to hurry up.) I realized that they aren't going to be so excited to get the decorations down, or to decorate the tree, or to read Christmas stories by the tree forever. Obviously they will grow up, but this stage of my life and their lives is something I will cherish always. I love my little chickadees.


2 comments:

Amy Jones said...

I swear i have that moment every year. It's bittersweet.

Allison Barnes said...

that's so true! My kids hardly helped me put up a thing this year! enjoy them right now! before you know it they are leaving for college!

 
09 10