Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Guest Blogger





So... Jennie will be out of town this week on a family vacation. She asked me, Amy--her sister, to be her guest blogger because she wont have internet for a few days. I feel so honored. : ) I'm not quite sure how this thing works, but I'll do my best. I'd also like to take advantage of this opportunity to share some of my pictures from my latest adventure to Lusaka, Zamabia. I had an amazing and life-changing experience in south-central Africa. My time in Zambia has forever changed me, and I'm so grateful I was able to go and see the things I saw, hear the things I heard, and felt the things I felt.

I've wanted to go to Africa ever since I can remember, and I finally found the perfect organization to go with. Check out the website at Mother's Without Borders. It's an amazing organization, run by amazing people, doing amazing things. I worked a lot in orphanges with the most beautiful kids in the world (besides my neices and nephews, of course). They really touched my heart when they sang about songs of death, hunger, and HIV/AIDS taking over their country. I'll never forget a line to one of their songs, "God, why did you create me?" Their sweet spirits made me question a lot about life. Why are these kids singing about such hard things? Why is their life so much harder than mine? and What can I do for them?

Going to Africa hasn't become just something I checked off my checklist of things to do before I die. It has become a part of my life and a part of me. These kids will affect me, every day for the rest of my life (or atleast I hope so). As you'll see from the pictures, these kids are beautiful children of God. Look at their sweet faces and begin to ask the hard questions. What should we do? What can we do? and What will we do for the little ones?

2 comments:

Jeremiah Nielson said...

Amy, i thought your post was beautiful and i loved seeing the photos of the children. It touched me how happy all the children look, even though they don't have much. Their smiles are so big and full, it really made me think....Thanks so much for sharing, I would really love to hear more about all your journeys. You really shoul dstart a blog too, let me know if you do. Love, Courtney Nielson :)

JENNIE! said...

Amy, your awesome. Thanks for the wonderful post. I hope it inspires some people to look for ways to help the children in Zambia. Thank you!

 
09 10