Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

oh baby...

stubborn little baby. here is nice and cozy, not dropped at all, weighing about 7 lbs. 13 oz. according to the ultrasound tech. today I am 8 days overdue, rather annoyed, and extremely frustrated that this little guy seems to have no intention of coming out any time soon. .... so as much as I didn't want it to go this way, I have set an induction date for monday, july 28th at 6:00 am.  I know my doula won't be thrilled and I probably seem like a total pansy for not waiting this out, but i don't think my mental state will ever be normal again if i wait any longer.  I am still hoping for a miracle that he will decide to come on his own before then, but it does make me feel better to know that there is an end in sight.  i just have to keep telling myself, 4 more days, 4 more days..... 
  

8 comments:

Kaymee said...

I think about you everyday! especially when I drive by, wondering if it has happened of not :) Good to know that he'll be here no later than monday!!!

Anthony and Krista said...

you poor thing. I am sorry every time you call I think you are in labor. I can't wait to hold that lil' muffin. Let me know if there is anything I can do for. Love ya!

MIMOM2 said...

Good luck! He is coming this weekend!!! Mine never engage until I push so that means nothing:) Good luck!!! I hope you don't read this until after:)

kristenita said...

maybe they calculated your due date wrong! that stinks. hang in there & I will pray for that baby to come this weekend...
um & there is always - sex... spicy thai food... walking... massaging your hands & feet (esp ankles & little toes I think)... eating kiwi, mango and/or pineapple... red raspberry leaf tea...

best of luck! you'll do great & that little guy will be here soon. love you!!

B said...

I've been wondering about you and if you've had that baby yet!!! I had a great massage therapist in Utah that got my labor started with Saxon because he hadn't dropped and refused to come out too... she even used this essential oil, it's called gentle baby and rubbed, it on all the trigger points. It was wonderful! I wish I knew someone down there to recommend, but see if you can find a massage therapist who can help you out, it really did do wonders for me!!!

Gail said...

Oh Jennie I know the end is the worst especially when you thought he would be here by now. Hang in there. I know you can do it. Be strong. Just 3 more days!

MediocreMama said...

Lennon was almost a week late AND it was in July AND I wanted to pull my hair out. However, my water broke the DAY BEFORE my induction date, so you just never know. I did indulge in red raspberry leaf tea the day before but who knows...we are all thinking about you! HE WILL COME!

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow! If it isn't happening already :)
And Becky - I have some of that gentle baby and it works great!

 
09 10