Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Papa Jack!

My Grandpa (Papa Jack) celebrated his 81st birthday yesterday! Papa Jack is an amazing craftsman, handyman, artisan, jeweler, poet, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, etc., etc. Not to mention, he eats the craziest concoctions I've ever seen. (Tabasco sauce on everything!) He can engrave things so beautifully, and the items he has given me are some of my most treasured possessions. I often run into people that I don't know wearing something he has made, and I make sure to point out to them that "My Grandpa made that." I am in the process of having him teach me this intricate and beautiful art, but I don't think I can ever reach his level of artistry.
Grandpa, YOU ROCK! Happy Happy Birthday!
Grandpa Jack, engraved this "Mother's Belt Buckle" for me...... simply amazing.

No comments:

 
09 10